Why is it important to know about international trade? The answer is clear. In the 21st century, it will be more important than ever for business people to know how to conduct business throughout the world. Success is at your fingertips if you understand how to be an importer or exporter.
If you are a person who wants to be in business for him or herself, here are some things you need to know before embarking on this new career.
1) What product do I want to sell and where do I want to sell it?
2) Where can I buy this product or have it made?
3) How do I market the product in the the U.S. or internationally?
4) What do I need to know about restrictions, required documentation and shipping (logistics)?
5) What do I need to know about financing my business?
6) How do I continue to grow my business? Do I have a good business plan?
Importing and exporting is easy and very profitable if you take a little time to learn the basics. IIC’s online course teaches these basics to get you started today.