If you are a veteran and are thinking about what you will do after leaving the military, here are some suggestions:
- Some of us are clear about our interests and know exactly which field we would like to pursue for a career. For others of us, we might benefit from exploring the wide range of options available. If you fall into this latter group, we recommend a very powerful search tool called O-Net. The site takes some navigating, but if you invest the time, it can open your eyes to many interesting career paths.
- If you find your interests are in the areas of international business, the next best step would be to enroll in IIC’s online course – Importing and Exporting Made Easy. There is a 50% discount for veterans which can be accessed by entering the promotional code USVET when you sign up.
Remember, doing business in the global marketplace is a career for now and in the future. Understanding importing and exporting can be incredibly helpful when pursuing the following career paths:
- Starting your own import or export business
- Working in the international division of a bank
- Working for an import or export company
- Creating an import or export division of an existing company
- Creating a new search engine that will facilitate the importing and exporting of products worldwide
- Designing, inventing or modifying a product that can be manufactured for import or export
- Facilitating the licensing of a product for export in a particular country
- Licensing a brand to be used on a product for importing or exporting
- Working for an international logistics company
- Working for a freight forwarder
There are many employers who are eager to employ individuals who have served our country. Many opportunities await you if you put the effort into finding a career that fits who you are and the skills you have to offer.